Friday, November 17, 2006

In Memoriam

There are several things I really wanted to blog about this week. I wanted to comment on last week's elections, about Rumsfeld's resignation, about President Bush's ridiculous claim that the replacement of Rumsfeld followed the elections so as not to impact the outcome of elections -- as if they would have held off even if they thought it would help them. I wanted to comment on Notre Dame fans' crazy dream of playing in the national championship game, pointing out that they would have to jump ahead of a Michigan team that destroyed them early this year, or an Ohio State team that destroyed them in last year's bowl game. Not that it couldn't happen, but should it? And should ND fans really hope to face either team, and have their sorry secondary exposed again?? However, all week, my main focus has been on the Ohio State - Michigan game coming up tomorrow. Then today, I was driving along the highway and heard the news of Bo Schembechler's death. What a sad day for the entire Michigan family. He was a great coach and a great man. I hope the University of Michigan goes out on the field tomorrow and honors his memory, not necessarily by winning (although I'll be rooting for that too), but simply by putting forth their best effort, and respecting the game and the rivalry to which he contributed so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home